Nursing Leadership Training Program
UC San Diego Health Sciences International believes in the role of the professional nurse and is a designated Magnet Hospital (conferred to less than 6% of all hospitals globally). Our programs are based on proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas, considered global issues in nursing and healthcare:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated, and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
We develop customized and personalized nursing education and training programs to further participants’ knowledge and skills in clinical, administration, research, and education capabilities.
UC San Diego nursing leadership and faculty members are appointed to provide mentorship and advisory support to each participant. Training generally includes:
- Didactic courses and lectures
- Clinical exposure via simulation, standardized patient sessions, and hospital rounds
- Administrative and leadership development
- Project assignments
International leaders in nursing, healthcare managers, and nursing educators
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Develop, plan and implement strategies to achieve professional nursing practices in their department by building a solid framework for planned change processes.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to analyze and evaluate workflows, logistics and protocol for implementation.
- Experience and communicate the advancements in their particular field of nursing, as it relates to technology, skills, innovation and new trainings.
- Learn about the best practices from a leading U.S. healthcare system and develop up-to-date guidelines for their local practice.
Duration of Program:
- Typically 4-6 weeks but dependent on need
Each program is unique, and participants:
- Receive training at a leading academic center in a broad range of nursing specialties, while gaining advanced knowledge in best scientific, ethical, regulatory and management practices
- Polish practical clinical/managerial skills in an operational setting
- Placement with highly-specialized and qualified mentors
- Network with UC San Diego’s nurse leadership, faculty and staff
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from UC San Diego (for either program duration)