Pharmacy Clinical Research Program
Advance your research skills
This program provides you with the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience doing research in a leading academic medical center. You will be paired with a faculty mentor to work on cutting edge research in the discovery of drug targets and therapeutic agents for translation into the clinical setting for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human diseases. Our internationally recognized faculty investigate a wide scope of human health issues, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, infectious disease and inflammation, neurologic disorders, psychiatric conditions, endocrine and metabolic diseases, pediatrics, and preventative medicine including vaccines. Research is being conducted across the spectrum of drug development from target identification, drug discovery, drug repurposing, pharmacology in disease models, toxicology, clinical evaluation of drug candidates, drug delivery, and pharmacy practices including pharmacoeconomics, pharmacogenomics, and health systems. The accomplished faculty are experts in these fields for advancing innovative pharmaceutical sciences research.
Cutting edge strategies for drug discovery utilize advanced in silico computational drug screening and SAR, structural biology, advanced analytical tools for drug and target evaluation by mass spectrometry, NMR, LC, chemistry, and related bioanalytical tools. Discovery of marine natural products as drug molecules is also being conducted. Creative approaches in pharmaceutical sciences lead to breakthrough discoveries to improve health.
By the conclusion of the program, each Scholar will have:
- Enhanced knowledge of literature evaluation, research design and methodology, biostatistics, and scientific research
- Received training and experience in research including protocol development, data collection, data management, data analysis, deliverable production
- Conducted applied research.
- Presented results at national/international research conferences
- Published study project findings in manuscript form in a peer reviewed journal(s)
- PharmD or PhD degree or equivalent (awarded)
- Completion of PGYI or PGYII (strongly preferred)
- TOEFL Score of 80 (required upon entry)
Duration of Program
This is a 1 - 2 year program.
To Apply For The Program
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com and include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Academic Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Must be dated within the last 3 years
- Must be signed and on official university or hospital letterhead
- Copy of your Saudi Board Certificate/License (if applicable)
- A personal statement (1 page) about your interest in pharmaceutical research
Applications will be carefully screened and a phone or Skype interview may be required for final candidates.
HSI strongly encourages prospective scholars to obtain their COVID-19 vaccination(s) in their home country, where they are licensed physicians and can likely secure their vaccinations in a timelier manner. Obtaining the vaccination ahead of any international travel is ideal, to ensure health and safety before arriving in San Diego. Don't hesitate to reach out to our office via email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.